1180 N. Eagle Road, Suite 102
Meridian, Idaho 83642
(208) 888-3966


Store Hours:
Monday ~ Friday : 9am to 8pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Sunday: Closed

Thursday, September 27, 2012

October Afternoon ~ Witch Hazel

We just received in the new Halloween line by October Afternoon ~ Witch Hazel ~ ADORABLE!!
Check out what you can do with the stamp from this line by October Afternoon:

Creating Border Strips with Background Stamps

IMG_1951I have a fun idea to share with you using the new Spooky Music background stamp from the Witch Hazel collection. I love how wonky this music sheet is designed and it's just dripping with Halloween goodness.

OA_WH_ST393_iB
Usually when you think of background stamps you think of large patterns covering an entire paper surface. You can also use the background stamps to create smaller border strips to use on your projects. To begin, lay the background stamp with the design facing up. I like to keep the backing sheet on my stamps and just ink them with a juicy embossing pad. Next stamp the image onto cream colored cardstock. Generously pour on black embossing powder and emboss the image until a black, glossy shine covers the paper surface.
IMG_1946I then cut my embossed sheet into 1" strips. You can get a glimpse of the shiny black embossing.
IMG_1947
I used three of the strips as accents on cards. I mixed and matched the embossed strips with different patterned papers, Miscellany pieces, Label Stickers and, Designer Brads and Buttons from the Witch Hazel collection.
IMG_1952
Here I have sweet card that will be perfect for my little niece. The kitten image and the card with children carving pumpkins is so suitable for the kiddos.
IMG_1953Next I used an embossed strip at the bottom of this card featuring a scarecrow image adorned with lots of buttons, brads and baubles. That little snippet of seam binding that comes in the Miscellany package is perfect for adorning cards.
IMG_1954Lastly, I created a card for my sister. She'll get quite the kick out of this card for sure. I used more pieces from the Miscellany package plus I added some of my own typing and a strip of the awesome Happy Halloween Washi tape. A Chip 'n Stick Button tied with baker's twine finishes off the card.
IMG_1960And there you have it, a great way to use the large background stamps to create smaller accents for your cards. The added touch of the raised, shiny embossing is really striking in real life. Hope you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment