1180 N. Eagle Road, Suite 102
Meridian, Idaho 83642
(208) 888-3966


Store Hours:
Monday ~ Friday : 9am to 8pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Sunday: Closed

Monday, April 27, 2009

Meet Candace - Designer and Teacher Spotlight

How did you get started in scrapbooking? I grew up and got married in Vancouver , BC , not ever imagining I'd be moving away from Family and Friends to another country. I had started scrapbooking just before I got married, over 7 years now and am grateful for this awesome hobby that allows me to "re-live" every moment in my life with the family and friends I don't get to see everyday. I have two children (Mitchell 6 and Madison 3) which enhanced my passion to scrapbook all their milestones as well as "bribery" moments when Mommy wants a certain pose!! My husband, well I couldn't be luckier to have him since he volunteers to be part of the projects I create and assist me with the projects (wood frames).
I started with Paper Cottage back in 2005, when I was asked to teach classes on a project I had entered into one of their monthly contests. A few years later, this little hobby has turned into a huge part of my life and I love to share my passion and creativity with others. I've made genuine friendships within the scrapbooking industry; I'm truly blessed to have this creative outlet.

What other hobbies do you have? Some of my other interests include tole painting, photography, organization and soccer.
What are your favorite product lines? Some of my favorite lines include My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug, Adornit, Bo Bunny and Basic Grey. I'm an absolute Quickutz fan and could not live without my QK tools. I can say that almost every layout/project I create, there is some kind of QK die on it!!
Currently at Paper Cottage I'm teaching and designing for the store. Here is a list:
  • I'm still, after 2 years teaching a monthly recipe class where I design 4 new recipes each month that you can display on a wood hanger frame that my husband makes.
  • I teach a Cricut 101 class each month where you learn tips and tricks about the machine and all it can do.
  • Since January 2009, I started up a Quickutz Club which gives the members of the club each month an exclusive Quickutz die and a project that I design. Leading this club and loving Quickutz, I started my own Quickutz Club blog where I share information and ideas all about Quickutz.
  • Going on into the second year, I'm designing the calendar pages for Paper Cottage's monthly Calendar Club.
  • About every other month I'm teaching an additional class which I base around a project idea I've come up with. In May, it's a Flower Photo Holder which I thought was perfect for Mother's Day. I know my Mom has already claimed my demo when class is over!!
  • You'll also see layouts and projects I've designed displayed in the store promoting product and giving you inspiration!
Flower Pot Photo Holder - Wednesday, May 6, 7pm. $18

Cricut 101 Thursday, May 21, 7-8:30pm - $15

Flip Frame Recipes - Wednesday, May 13, 7-8:30pm.
4 New pages every month only $15. Add wooden Flip Frame & title page $15

No comments:

Post a Comment