Sunday, February 28, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Have you used a Scor Pal?? With this month's card idea and the fold technique the Scor Pal will be your best friend!! We will be demoing this awesome tool just to show you how it's a must have for all you cardmakers.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Saturday, March 20th from 10am to Noon. Class fee: $15.00 Teacher: Candace
Please Bring: adhesive, paper trimmer, scissors, glue dots, pop dots, glue pen and distressing ink.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin, or any red flavor
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup seasonal colored sprinkles
PREPARE cake batter as directed on package. Stir in dry powered gelatin until well blended.
LINE 24 medium muffin cups with paper liners. Pour batter evenly into cups, filling each cup 1/2 full. Place a small marble or 1/2-inch ball of foil between each liner and one side of the cup, pushing the paper in to form a heart shape. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool completely; remove marble or foil.
SPREAD 2 Tbsp. whipped topping onto top of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles as desired. Store cupcakes in refrigerator.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
(outside of card)
(inside of card)
-cut cardstock piece at 3"x10 1/2"
-score at 9 1/2", 4 3/4" and 4"
-fold on scored lines
-decorate front flap of card as desired (we used pre-made card fronts by Bo Bunny)
-staple treat on inside and write your message
-fold front flap under stapled flap
We have all Valentines on sale at 25% off so it's still not too late to make your Sweetheart something!!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Make a card:
Use a flower as the main focal point ~ cut petals to make a heart to complete the "title".
Got Flowers?? We do!! A huge shipment of Prima Flowers just arrived in store. So many shapes, sizes and colors to choose from to complete your projects ~ come check them out today!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Stock-Up on love now at Paper Cottage! Valentine papers are 25% off through Sat Feb 13.
-12x12 piece double sided pattern paper
-wooden wheel and 9” piece of ¼” wood doweling
-2 large die cut hearts
-Take the 12x12 piece of pattern paper and fold the four corners together as shown.
-Turn paper over and repeat to fold the four corners together as shown.
-Fold paper in half as shown.
-Poke hole through center of paper box, insert dowel and glue one end of dowel into wooden wheel for a stand.
-Glue together the large heart die cuts “sandwiching” the top of the dowel.
-Punch holes through heart on either side of the doweling and tie ribbon through holes.
-Attach a tag with saying on ribbon.
-Embellish the bottom paper box if desired.
Fill with treats and display on a table!!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Make this cute little metal Mail Box! Come on into the store, pick up your mail box and cover with paper and embellish! Then fill with treats or notes. We have the cutest little note cards by Basic Grey - Love Notes that will fit perfectly inside the mail box. Get creative tonight!!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
- cut cardstock base at 4x10
- score at 5 1/2" and 9 3/4" - fold on scored lines with the small flap folding forward
- glue 3 1/2" x 3 7/8" pattern paper piece on bottom front of card
- glue 1 1/4" x 3 7/8" pattern paper piece on front flap - glue front flap down
- wrap ribbon around upper front flap to keep card closed and make a pocket
- embellish front of card as desired
- fill "pocket" with treats of choice
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Make a cover for a box of Sweethearts and embellish the front.
- Cut a piece of cardstock at 2 3/4" x 9 1/2"
- Score at 3 5/8", 4 3/8", 7 7/8" and 8 5/8"
- Fold on score lines
- Using decorative scissors or border punch, cut the smallest flap that will fold to the front of the box to give a finished edge
- With a 2" circle punch, punch out a circle to the upper left of the front so the "BE MINE" on the box will show through
- To hold flaps together to make box, using a hole punch, punch out about 3/4" from the left and right side of the flap - wrap ribbon through holes and knot in front to keep box closed
- Slide Sweethearts box through side of box
- Decorate front of box on lower right of punched out circle with embellishments of choice
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Love Coupon Book
-credit card holder (comes with cardstock paper piece you can start decorating!)
-papers of your choice
-book ring (optional)
Remove the cardstock piece (4 7/8 x 3 5/8) and decorate as desired with papers, ribbon and stickers. Add your coupons (we used clipart and word to make business card like coupons) inside card holder. If desired, punch a hole with a Crop-a-dile to place the book ring through so you can clip it on a lunchbox, backpack, belt loop or anything to surprise your sweetheart! Tie ribbon pieces around book ring for another added look.Come on into the store and check out the sample project! Enjoy!!