**Due to manufacturer product delay and weather conditions making slower than expected shipping of product this month, Card of the Month will start Monday, November 24th. Thank you for your understanding.
This month's card utilizes die cuts by Jillibean Soup ~ Holly Berry Borscht. With some coordinating papers, you can make many holiday cards this season! We have also included some card designs where you can add your family photo if desired. Create fun cards this season! November's Card of the Month:
For this card, cut cardstock at 4 1/2 x 11, fold to make card base, sew or adhere sides to create pocket and then using circle punch, make notch in center top of card. Insert holiday picture or letter inside. Decorate front as desired.
To make this card, you will need the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers. Below is a tutorial on how to make two different styles of the file folder card base. Insert holiday picture or letter inside. Decorate front as desired.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A 3-TAB FILE FOLDER CARD:
Start with a normal card-sized piece of cardstock for the base of your file folder card -- a half sheet of 8.5" x 11" = 8.5" x 5.5".
1. You can choose to notch the far right and left corners, depending on the look you prefer and you can either do it at the beginning or end. Here, I did it first but it may be easier for you to align the edge of the cardstock with the ruler if you punch this corner last. You want to put the edge of your cardstock right in the center of the little punch opening you see in the lower center of the round blue punch "button".
2. Move the left edge of your cardstock over the 1-3/4" mark of the Envelope Punch Board and punch.
3. This is the completed left file folder tab.
4. To make the right and middle tabs, flip the left side of your cardstock over so the tab is now on the right and repeat steps 1 and 2 above.
5. By creating the second end tab, you've also created the middle tab.
Next, decide which position of tabs you want to create. In the photo below, the right side of my file folder is a center tab, so I just used my paper trimmer to take off the left (or top) and right (bottom) tabs. So on the left side of my folder, I removed the center tab. Now when the folder is closed (left side folded to the right), you'll be able to see the center tab:
To add extra authenticity to the folder, score down the normal 4.25" center mark of an A2-sized card, and then 1/4" on each side of center.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A 2-TAB FILE FOLDER CARD:
1. Align the left side of the cardstock at the 2-3/4" mark, punch. Then punch the ends, same as step 1 above. Use paper trimmer to cut off strip to expose tab. Repeat for other side of card. Using corner rounder on punch board, round the two corners of card.
makes it less than $3.00 per page ~ awesome deal!!
Monthly 1st Page Kit contains everything to complete design. (Adhesive sold separately)
Each Monthly Kit is available for pick-up first Thursday
of every Month!
When 2015 is over, you will have your 2016 calendar ready for yourself or as a
gift for someone special. Everybody loves getting a personalized calendar!
to create a year of memories photo album instead of a calendar ~
problem! We have a second page kit that
compliments the 1st page kit for an additional cost. Albums sold separately.
In-store Special available until January 31st,
2015 ~ when you sign up for Calendar Club 1st page kits at $34.99,
sign up to receive 2nd page kit too and pay $34.99 for all 12 - 2nd
page kits!! That’s a $13.00 savings!!
Calendar titles and accessories are also available.
Sign up NOW as after January 31st,
sign-up cost will be $39.99!
First Kit available for pick up January 8th, 2015!
The weather is changing and winter is coming!!! We've been hit with the first blanket of snow in store ~ new Doodlebug Designs Collection ~ Frosty Friends. Absolutely the cutest!! And what better product to go with these snowy friends but the new snowflake die cuts by Echo Park Paper ~ come check it out today!