This month's card utilizes die cuts by Jillibean Soup ~ Holly Berry Borscht. With some coordinating papers, you can make many holiday cards this season! We have also included some card designs where you can add your family photo if desired. Create fun cards this season!
November's Card of the Month:
For this card, cut cardstock at 4 1/2 x 11, fold to make card base, sew or adhere sides to create pocket and then using circle punch, make notch in center top of card. Insert holiday picture or letter inside. Decorate front as desired.
To make this card, you will need the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers. Below is a tutorial on how to make two different styles of the file folder card base. Insert holiday picture or letter inside. Decorate front as desired.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A 3-TAB FILE FOLDER CARD:
Start with a normal card-sized piece of cardstock for the base of your file folder card -- a half sheet of 8.5" x 11" = 8.5" x 5.5".
1. You can choose to notch the far right and left corners, depending on the look you prefer and you can either do it at the beginning or end. Here, I did it first but it may be easier for you to align the edge of the cardstock with the ruler if you punch this corner last. You want to put the edge of your cardstock right in the center of the little punch opening you see in the lower center of the round blue punch "button".
2. Move the left edge of your cardstock over the 1-3/4" mark of the Envelope Punch Board and punch.
3. This is the completed left file folder tab.
4. To make the right and middle tabs, flip the left side of your cardstock over so the tab is now on the right and repeat steps 1 and 2 above.
5. By creating the second end tab, you've also created the middle tab.
Next, decide which position of tabs you want to create. In the photo below, the right side of my file folder is a center tab, so I just used my paper trimmer to take off the left (or top) and right (bottom) tabs. So on the left side of my folder, I removed the center tab. Now when the folder is closed (left side folded to the right), you'll be able to see the center tab:
To add extra authenticity to the folder, score down the normal 4.25" center mark of an A2-sized card, and then 1/4" on each side of center.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A 2-TAB FILE FOLDER CARD:
1. Align the left side of the cardstock at the 2-3/4" mark, punch. Then punch the ends, same as step 1 above. Use paper trimmer to cut off strip to expose tab. Repeat for other side of card. Using corner rounder on punch board, round the two corners of card.